Sales engineer sample job description
Applicants should be able to demonstrate good technical and communication skills along with the ability to work to deadlines under pressure. They must also have the ability to work as part of a team as they will be working closely with a number of suppliers, subcontractors and internal departments.
The job’s purpose is to deliver comprehensive tenders to secure profitable orders. Knowledge of MS software including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will receive training in all areas of sales work including equipment selection, system design, estimating, products, software and related company procedures.
- Develop understanding of sales tender submission and handover process
- Preparation of drawings and calculations for projects
- Compilation of equipment and pricing information to meet customer requirements
- Meeting with customers alongside other more senior team members
- Price components/materials from suppliers or subcontractors
- Accurate manipulation for estimating worksheet and workbook
- Formulate ‘bid tabs’ from suppliers or subcontractors
- Review of customer specifications
- Develop understanding of site survey and client questioning process
- Tender preparation and submission process
- Develop an understanding of handover process following an order
- Develop skills for negotiation and closing
- Assist with preparation of Sales drawings
- Competent to complete heat load and performance calculations
- Plant design and selection of components including liaison with suppliers
- Identify scope for improvement opportunities and energy efficiency options
- Deliver selection, price and documentation to the sales team and customers in line with agreed deadlines
- Support sales team in discussions with Design/projects departments
- Maintain good housekeeping, filing and sales quotes folders
- Expand knowledge of refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump products and systems
Involvement with wider sales and aftercare teams to enhance knowledge.